Monday, October 12, 2009

Your Support

First, I want to say, "thank you, thank you, thank you" for taking the time to read my blog.  I can not tell you how comforting it is to know that so many of you are sharing in my journey with me.  It's overwhelming to think about experiencing all this and then coming home and trying to somehow summarize it all.  Your willingness to follow me here and read my stories makes me feel like you all are here with me in some way.  I know some of you check in daily, some of you take an hour a week and catch up on all you missed, and some skim for the good stuff.  Whatever you do, I am grateful for your time and your support.

I have been amazed throughout my journey leading to and in Liberia by how many people have supported me.  People I have never met write me encouraging, kind notes.  Friends I haven't talked to nearly as much as I should in recent years suddenly appear in a Facebook post or as a follower of this blog.  It's truly humbling.

As many of you know, Ann Elizabeth and I have been raising funds for this experience since the beginning of the summer.  I was, again, overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends and family.  I raised almost all the support I need, although I still need to raise a bit more to cover my basic living costs (food and phone mainly) for the rest of the time I am here.  I can't imagine needing more than $1,000 for that.  However, I would love to raise additional funds to be able to contribute something to Ricks when it is time for me to leave.  Ann Elizabeth and I have been thinking for a while about what we might be able to leave at Ricks, and we are still not sure.  Some possibilities include providing scholarships for students in junior and senior high or contributing to one of many building projects in the works here.  Whatever the case, we want to give something to the Ricks community when we go because we have already been given so very much. 

That's one way you can help.  If you would like to make a financial contribution, I can accept donations throughout my time here (or even after I get home).  If you would like to donate, you can do so in a couple ways.  First, you can send a check to my parents' house in FL.  The checks should be made payable to "Cooperative Baptist Fellowship" and you need to put a note in the memo line that reads, "Holly Wegman Project #87602".  Checks can then be mailed to:
Holly Wegman
25385 Dan Brown Hill Road
Brooksville, FL 34602
My parents will take care of getting the funds to me (through CBF) from there!

The other way you can donate is online.  Passport (the youth camp I work for each summer that we will be having here in January!) has offered use of their online donation.  Simply go to the following website and be sure to write in my name under "designation":
https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/MakeDonation.aspx?ORGID2=611267261

Any and all funds collected will go towards my basic necessities here and/or directly to the school.  Let me know if you have any questions.  And please know how very grateful I am for all the ways you all already support me - I can not say thank you enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment